As they all go back to their lives and jobs, I am still struck by one particular point in the class when we simply asked the question..."I am at my best when..." I even saved the flip chart paper with the answers we came up with. This is not my independent work, but the work of some brilliant leaders I had the honor of teaching. I dare to say, there isn't a work environment in the world that wouldn't benefit from these qualities.
- I have a sense of pride and accomplishment in our work.
- I am healthy.
- I am busy but not stressed.
- I am happy.
- I feel whole and centered.
- I am rested.
- I am relaxed.
- I am fed.
- I enjoy what we're doing.
- I am loved unconditionally.
- I have time to gather my thoughts and think things through.
- I am confident in what we're doing.
- I am inspired.
- I have a good challenge.
- I know what is expected of me.
What would you add to the list? How many exist in your daily job? How many do you actively try to create for yourself, your team members, and your employees? Which one will you focus on bringing to life for yourself and those around you next week? Seriously, let's do it!