Call it the beauty of a four-day weekend or all the positive proactive thinking I've been doing lately, but I am ready to buck the trend. Mondays are the days you get to start over. It is like New Year's Day every week! Which of course makes every Sunday night like New Year's Eve. So as you finish up your laundry and get ready for the week, think about what resolutions you will make this week. Don't get overwhelmed trying to change everything at once. Pick one thing you are willing to commit to for a whole week. Here are a few ideas to try if you need a little inspiration...
- Read a professional journal for 20 minutes each day.
- Mediate for 20 minutes each day.
- Write in a journal every night.
- Take a walk at lunch every day.
- Eat a salad for at least one meal each day.
- Spend 1 hour each evening doing something with your children that they want to do.
- Tell one person each day how they make a positive difference in your life.
- Buy the person behind you at Starbucks his or her coffee.
- Take your lunch to work every day.
- Spend 20 minutes each day planning your day and identifying two high-priority items you want to accomplish each day and celebrate the completion of each item at night.
These are just ideas - what will you do this week? Let us know and follow up with how it goes!